Phil/Psych 447 Phil 673
Seminar in Cognitive Science: Cognition and Social Change
Week 10: War
- How can history be used to explain the past and guide the future?
- Do nations and countries exist? How?
- What is missing in the 3-analyses of nations and nationalism?
- How can the leaders’ decisions leading to WW1 be construed as rational?
- Are love, trust, mistrust, and commitment in international relations really the same as in romantic relationships?
- How is nationalism embodied and transbodied?
- How is international decision making analogical and emotional?
- Is mechanistic-narrative explanation coherent? What is missing?
- Do nations have mental states such as beliefs and wants?
This page updated Nov. 10, 2015