Phil/Psych 447 Phil 673
Seminar in Cognitive Science: Cognition and Social Change
Week 9: Religion
- Why does cognitive science need anthtropology?
- Does the 3-analysis capture the nature of religion?
- Why has Mormonism been successful, despite (or because of) its high demands?
- What would a value map look like for the religion you know best?
- How is religion both embodied and transbodied?
- How is religion supported by motivated and fear-driven inference?
- What kinds of verbal and nonverbal communication support religion?
- Why are rituals important to religion (and politics, sports, etc.)? Does the 3-analysis capture them?
- Why is religion such an important part of human culture?
This page updated Nov. 3, 2015