Seminar in Cognitive Science
Week 5: Art and Science
Boden Chapter 7
- What did you find confusing or hard to understand in this chapter? Computers? Search? Analogical?
- Is Aaron a creative artist? A good artist? More info on Aaron.
- Could a computer do improvisational jazz? Punk rock? Haikus?
- How much semantics do you need to know to creative new stories?
- How does analogical reasoning contribute to creativity?
- What are the limits of computational models of creativity?
- Can background knowledge needed for understanding language be represented in computers?
Boden Chapter 8
- What did you find confusing or hard to understand in this chapter?
- Is inductive learning in computers like human learning?
- Are BACON and other computer discovery programs at all like human scientists?
- Does creativity require semantics?
- Can creativity arise from random modification of rules?
- Would a robotic scientist be more effective than a standalone computer?
- Is scientific creativity different from artistic creativity?
Robot makes discovery by itself?
This page updated Oct. 5, 2009