Seminar in Cognitive Science
Instructions for Essay 2
- Nov. 22, 11:30-12:50, guest lecture in PHIL 224: Thomas Homer-Dixon on the ethics of climate change.
- Dec. 6 (9-12, PAS 2083): Waterloo Ignorance Day. Faculty reveal:: What I Wish I Knew About Mind, Brain, and Intelligence!
Questions about mental illness (ch. 20)
- How much can be concluded from individual case studies of creativity?
- What's wrong with the mad genius stereotype?
- What are the causal relations between mental illness and creativity? Are there common causes?
- What kinds of mental illness are most associated with what kinds of creativity?
Questions about intelligence (ch. 21)
- What is intelligence? Are there different kinds?
- How much intelligence is needed for creativity?
- How does intelligence interact with personality and learning?
- What kinds of brain activity support creative intelligence?
- Is there an association between intelligence and mental illness?
This page updated Nov. 14, 2011