Seminar in Cognitive Science
- Oct. 20: Paul Thagard, Visual Thinking in Discovery and Invention
- Oct. 25: students only
- Oct. 27: Essay 1 due
- Nov. 2: Paul Thagard, Truth, Explanation, and Power, Grad House 4-6.
- Dec. 6 (morning): Waterloo Ignorance Day. Faculty reveal:: What I Wish I Knew About Mind, Brain, and Intelligence!
Week 6: Development and Education
Questions about development and education (chs. 12, 13)
- In what ways are children creative?
- Does creativity develop in stages?
- How do emotions and play contribute to children's creativity?
- How can creativity in children be fostered?
- What are the major obstacles to children's creativity?
- How does schooling sometimes get in the way of education?
- What is creative teaching?
- Can creativity be taught?
This page updated Oct. 17, 2011