Seminar in Cognitive Science
Instructions for Essay 2
- Nov. 22, 11:30-12:50, guest lecture in PHIL 224: Thomas Homer-Dixon on the ethics of climate change.
- Dec. 6 (9-12, PAS 2083): Waterloo Ignorance Day. Faculty reveal:: What I Wish I Knew About Mind, Brain, and Intelligence!
Questions about motivation (ch. 18)
- Aside: What is philosophical creativity?
- What are the products?
- What are the uses?
- What are the selection criteria?
- What are the cognitive processes?
- What are the motivations?
- What are the social processes?
- What are the neural, psychological, and social mechanisms by which motivation enhances creativity?
- What is the main experimental evidence that motivation influences creativity?
- Why is intrinsic motivation important for creativity?
- How does positive emotion contribute to creativity?
- Can groups have motivations?
Questions about group creativity (ch. 19)
- What is emergence? How does it occur in complex systems?
- What is collaborative emergence?
- How do new ideas emerge through group interactions?
- What are the best candidates for social mechanisms that are part of general creativity?
- What are the best candidates for social mechanisms that are part of creativity in specific domains?
This page updated Nov. 9, 2011