1. Physicians entertained by pharmaceutical companies.
2. Medical researchers funded by pharmaceutical companies.
3. Physicians who own diagnostic equipment.
1. Laissez-faire: do nothing.
2. Reform and regulate: disclosure, supervision.
3. Sequester: ban industry funding of medical research.
I. Nov.23: Life and death: Mikhael, Toombs, Bullen, Carriere, Isenberg.
II. Nov. 23: Consciousness. Christelis, Menken, Osterberg, Stumpf.
III. Nov. 30: Psychological explanation: Carvalho, Clements, Finn, Lockhart, Moore.
IV. Nov. 30: Illness: Grupp, Heckbert, Honeyford, Oliver, Poproski.
Each presentation should be no more than 8 minutes, allowing 2 minutes for questions. Each symposium will be followed by 10 minutes of general discussion. The presentations should outline the central issues of your topic and your general arguments and conclusions.
Life, Mind, and Disease
Computational Epistemology Laboratory.
This page updated Nov. 15, 2004