Week 10: Gender
Two-page project proposal
Due Nov. 29. Late proposals only accepted in case of illness or family emergency.
Two pages, double spaced, 12 point; approximately 500 words.
- State the question you hope to answer and how it relates to rationality.
- Outline different possible answers to the question.
- Indicate readings that are relevant to the question.
- Briefly sketch the argument you want to develop in support of your answer
to the question.
Why are women underrepresented in philosophy?
Women at U.S.
Fodor on why nobody
Discussion Questions for Week 11
- Does thought have to have propositional content? What are propositions?
- What are the grounds for the principle of charity? Is it plausible?
- Is language necessary for thought?
- Is language necessary for rationality?
- Is the concept of belief useful for understanding thinking?
This page updated Nov. 21, 2005.